Things you will need:
For the paper choose a colour that you want your branches to be e.g white/gold
I have tried out a few ways of making an Easter Tree but I think this method works very well and looks very affective.
1. With the secateurs carefully cut a few branch ‘s from a tree about 50 cm in length try to choose a branch that has a lot of side branches you will need those when you start hanging your decorations
2. Wash the branches with warm soppy water and allow to dry . While they are drying lay out newspaper
3. You are ready to spray allowing time for drying in-between coats .
4. Get the pot and fill with soil or stones to half way up the pot .
5. Now you can decorate the pot. I find, when using paper, it is best measure the paper around the pot leaving an overlap to glue down and then cut to size to create your pot sleeve.
6. Decorate the paper sleeve children love this bit and you can let you imagination run wild have fun.
7. Wrap the paper sleeve around pot and glue in place.
8. Place branches in pot and then top up with stones or soil
Try using ribbon wrapping it around the branches if you don’t want to use paint
Now you tree is already to decorate. I start a couple weeks before Easter, each day we put a new decoration on the tree then on Easter morning the tree is covered in eggs (a bit like a Christmas Advent Calendar). My children love decorating the tree and have fun.
If you have any tips on Easter trees or any ideas on decorating for the Spring and Easter please leave us comment below. LottyBlue are also on Pinterest and we are looking for great pictures of Easter trees and Easter decorations so join us there. If Pinterest is till invite only leave a comment on this post below and we will send you an invite.